Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Kung Fu Panda Birthday

Like I said in my last post, today is Gabriel's 8th birthday and with us moving in just a few days we decided to keep things simple and not do a huge party. He got to have a lunch and shopping date with gramma and as usual she spoiled him like crazy!


Then after Josh got home we headed off to watch Kung Fu Panda in theaters. Today was opening day and there was hardly anyone in there. Maybe because we chose to watch it in 2D, I bet there were more people in watching the 3D version. Anyhoo, here are some more photos of our day...


Po was finding his inner peace on the dinner table along with some take out boxes from the Dollar Tree.

We had Chineese food at home for dinner, I wanted to go to either Panda Express or Panda Palace in the Sunset area, but haven't heard anything good/bad about either. We decided not to risk it and just picked up a couple different kinds of Chineese food from Haggens to share.

I couldn't find any party supplies for Kung Fu Panda 2 in the stores, so I used a lot of printables from the movies website. In addition to the Po 3D thing above we had activity placemats that looked just like ones from Chinese restaurants, paper airplanes that look like some of the characters, a dragon warrior scroll for his bday card and these little cupcake picks I made.


Not my best work, but all my scrapbook/crafting stuff is packed. So these are the best we were getting today. The only snack I could find for the treat bags, with the characters on it were fruit roll ups. Seriously, I could have anything I wanted with Cars 2 on it, but Kung Fu Panda 2 stuff was no where to be found. =(

Gabe had a fun day and the movie was very enjoyable, you should go see it!








No comments: