Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall Celebrations

So, last Thursday was the first day of Fall and I thought it would be fun to do a little celebration like we've done for Spring and Summer. One problem! Our Spring/Summer celebrations usually involve picnics and lots of outdoor activities. What do we do to celebrate this season without being out in the pouring rain that likes to sporadically grace us here in the PNW? Here is what I came up with (with some help from my facebook friends).... P.S this would have been posted sooner, but I was having the most difficult time with the new picture uploader. Anyone else, that uses blogger, have that problem?


We started our festivities at lunch, Tomato Soup with pumpkin and leaf shaped cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches. I really needed to go to the store, but challenged myself to use what I had on hand and I'm really pleased with the results.


While the boys cleaned up from school and lunch I whipped up these yummy pumpkin muffins. Find the recipe over here. Super easy recipe that used mostly Bisquick and a can of pumpkin.


The rain had cleared up a bit, so we headed out on a scavenger hunt walk around the neighborhood. I have them a list of things to find like, pretty flowers (in the pic above), different colored leaves, an apple tree, an animal and a few other things. Surprise, surprise our animals we found were our resident deer. Eating up all the fallen apples off a neighbors tree.


With our leaves we made these pictures. It's one of rubbing/tracing kind. The boys loved doing this and I guess I hadn't shown them how to do this technique. Now they want to do a rub tracing of everything. It's quite cute!


To bring an end to our special outing we had our muffins with some hot cocoa or in my case a homemade Carmel Macchiatto. YUM! Do you do anything to celebrate the seasons with your family? Got any ideas or suggestions on how to celebrate the first day of Winter that's coming up? Please share!

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; ... "   Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

2 comments:

SamJo said...

Wow! Looks like a lot of fun! The first day of Fall was Chris and I's anniversary as well! I spent the day making pumpkin bread, and after Chris got home we just kept it simple and went to the beach and watched the harvest moon rise...it was spectacular! Glad to see you on blogger, I have an account too (haven't used it too much yet, but it is so much fun!) I hope all is well with you and your family,
Peace & Blessings!

Carrie said...

Crystal, that's AWESOME! I LOVE the cheese shapes in the soup idea. Gonna steal it! ;)