Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, April 16, 2012

Angel Food Loaf Cake

I know it's a little ridiculous to post a dessert recipe during a series on better health and loosing weight, but I don't care! LOL! Actually this recipe does play into that a little bit, as I found it on my search for smaller desserts. I wanted to make something special that would have little left overs and less temptations to eat more than I should. So here is my recipe for an Angel Food Loaf Cake that I altered a bit from this cookbook.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sifted cake flour
1/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup (5) egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
dash of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp lemon extract
1/2 cup sugar
Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.

Sift Flour with 1/4 cup sugar 4 times.
Beat egg whites, cream of tartar, salt, vanilla, and lemon extract until egg whites are stiff enough to hold up in soft peaks but are still moist and glossy.
Add remaining 1/2 cup of sugar to egg whites,  2 tablespoons at a time, beating after each addition to blend. 
Sift about 1/4 of the flour mixture over egg white mixture and fold in lightly. Fold in remaining flour by fourths. 

Bake in un-greased 10x5x3 inch loaf pan in moderate over (375 degrees) for 25 minutes or until done. Remove from oven, invert pan, and let stand for 1 hour or until cool.



Yummy! But it needs a little something more......



PERFECT!!!


No comments: