Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, January 6, 2011

One last Advent/Christmas Post

I can't believe I forgot to blog about these days on our Advent scrolls! 
My little helpers
I planned it perfectly that one day we would make Christmas cookies for my parents and then the next day we could go to Stoneyridge, see the live nativity, get hot cocoa and then deliver the cookies to my parents in Lynden. The biggest lesson I learned doing this Advent scroll thing: Check the schedules of the places you want to go first. Just because you want to go there that day doesn't mean they'll be open. 

It's not really on...She's just pretending
Stoneyridge was already closed for the season, so we skipped that Advent activity. But, luckily there was another activity that we could do that day! 
Cookies all ready for Grandma & Grandpa

Movie train at my mom's house
Elizabeth loves to sit in boxes. She is definitely not claustrophobic. She loves small spaces and will fill them with pillows and blankets, then crawls in and gets comfy. 

Taking in the show
Our replacement activity was to go watch my nephew's band at their Christmas Program. It was the first concert for Zaccheaus and the second for Joshua and Gabriel. Having Elizabeth their proved to be challenging and we ended up leaving right after Joseph's group was finished. My favorite song was "Handel's Messiah". The boys' favorite was the Grinch songs.

No comments: