Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Walk for Life

I am doing the Walk for Life again this year on Mothers Day weekend (sat May 10). It's an easy 2 mile walk, but it's lots of fun for the whole family to do together. They have games and snack before the walk and those bouncy castles and hotdogs after the walk. The boys look forward to it every year. I'm so excited to do my part to help out such a wonderful program. I have been a client and supporter of The Whatcom County Prenancy Clinic for three years now and it has been a great blessing to my life. After some serious problems w/ dshs' caseworkers while I was pregnant w/ Gabriel, I was really hesitant about getting medical again when I was pregnant w/ Zaccheaus. Then I found out about the WCPC. They are a faith based organization, that helps pregnant women and other people in Whatcom County. I recieved a free pregnancy test to confirm my pregnancy and they took care of the paperwork w/ dshs and I never had to meet w/ a dshs caseworker. It was such a nice expirience to not be treated like some plauge on society. Josh and I are working towards something, not trying to live off the system our whole lives. They women who work at the WCPC are so great and caring, it really does make a difference. If you would like more info about the Whatcom County Pregnancy Center, the Walk for Life or if you would like to sponsor me in my walk; click on the link to the right that says Walk for Life and it will redirect you to my personal ewalk page with more info. Watch for pictures of us at the walk soon to come. (if i remember my camera this year LOL)

1 comment: