Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Journey to Better Health, Pt. 4

"My new Toy"


I have wanted an elliptical machine for a really long time. I've watched craigslist and thrift stores, but never came across one. One day while Josh was at Sears looking at tools, I popped over to the exercise equipment and fell in love with this elliptical. They had a used one at a great price & I was hoping to get it. Josh's only worry was where would we put it. There's not exactly an abundance of space with 6 people living in this apartment. We decided to give away our oldest computer and clear out what was my old desk area and I could fit it there. This process ended up taking longer than I planned and I missed out on the used one. Bummer! The next week's Sears add came in the Sunday paper and the same one was going to be on sale $400 off! Plus if I used my Sears card I would save 5% more! And I had a $5 off coupon (every penny counts!), so I got a screaming deal on a NEW one, cheaper than the used one I originally looked at!
My first few times on it, it was evident how out of shape I was. I could hardly do more than 5 minutes of a jogging speed without needing to stop. But I was determined not to be discouraged. I've kept at it exercising every morning, except Sundays and I've gotten up to being able to do 20 minutes! I'm doing just over a half a mile and increasing the resistance each week. This thing will be whipping my butt into shape in no time!


No comments: