Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Skating Fun

Josh's new work had their annual Christmas party last night at the Bellingham Sportsplex. There was free pizza and drinks and ice skating was free too! It was everyone else's first time at ice skating and it's been over 10 years since I last tried skating. Josh did OK, since they didn't even have skates in his size (he had to squeeze into some size 14s). Joshua was a little slow, but got it figured out. Gabriel and Zaccheaus did good as well, but loved the little walker things that gave them extra stability. Here's some pics of them playing around....
Gabe (green) colliding with friend Zoe

Cheaus (red) and Gabe (green)  racing 
Cheaus, Gabe and Zoe
I did get one pic of Joshua, but it was of him trying to get up after falling and he made me promise not to post it anywhere. Elizabeth looked so cute with her little figure skater skates on with one of her tutu outfits, but sadly I didn't take a single picture of her. 
I wore my skates for a bit getting acclimated to them, stepped out on the ice, moved about 10 feet  along the wall and called it quits and went back to being a spectator. My nearly 30 year old body can't do what it once did and I was really feeling each bump of the ice in my heel that has plantar fasciitis  (Little tip... don't walk long distances in Converse!). 
Hopefully next year we'll be a little better at skating, but probably not. LOL

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

Looks like fun! We have an outdoor rink about 20 minutes from our house. The weather hasn't been cold enough for it yet.